Cauley Ferrari is very proud to offer you this highly sought-after US example 1993 Ferrari 512 TR in the classic color configuration of a Rosso Corsa exterior over a Beige leather interior. Ferrari produced only a total of 408 US 512 TR's out of a total of 2,261 making this example extremely rare.This particular Ferrari has been locally owned for quite a long time and it is a two-owner vehicle. The car was originally sold new by Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale to the first owner on October 26, 1993. The second owner purchased the car in May of 1996 from a now out-of-business independent dealer called Birmingham Imports out of Birmingham, Michigan and the vehicle had 4,950 miles. All the original items that came with the car are still with it such as the sticker, books, tool kit, car cover, and spare key. Our service team recently completed the Classiche Certification verifying the authenticity of this 512 TR. We are awaiting the Red Book from Ferrari and that will of course go to the next caretaker of this beautiful automobile.
The 512 TR is an evolution of the Testarossa that graced thousands of car enthusiasts' walls in poster form in the 1980s. The iconic shape, slightly refined during the transition to 512 TR form, maintains the famous side strakes and wide stance that made the original a universal automotive icon. As an update to the pioneering Berlinetta Boxers of the 1970s, it is powered by a modified version of the BB's mid-mounted flat-12 engine, displacing 4.9 liters and increasing to 421 horsepower. Interestingly, the engine is closely related to Ferrari's Colombo-designed V12s, flattened for use in the mid-engine cars. Cooling for the big, high-strung engine necessitated large radiators flanking the engine in the rear, fed cool air by the huge side scoops. It seems strange, but the Testarossa and its related successors are some of the most-produced Ferraris ever, considering that the chassis served the company over the span of three decades. While the 512 TR has staggering street performance, it is one of the few Ferraris for which the track is not the best place to enjoy its charms the TR instead loves a windy stretch of road from which to explore the wide torque band and sonorous tones of its substantial engine.Overview of this specific Ferrari F512 TR listed for sale
- Ferrari Classiche Certified- Red Book included
- Retains original chassis, engine, and gearbox
- Well maintained and minimally driven; currently displaying just 7,174 miles
- Recent engine-out major service including 4 new Michelin by our service team in February of 2022
- Serviced exclusively by us for over 20 years
- Full-Service records since the second owner took ownership in May 1996Please ask us about our financing and leasing options available through Ferrari Financial Services (FFS). We can offer you monthly financing as far out as 84 months, Balloon financing up to 60 months, as well as both Open-End Leasing scenarios. FFS is available on all new and pre-owned Ferrari models. These flexible payment options really make getting into a Ferrari easier than ever before. Let us show you how. You won't find a nicer example of a 512 TR. Give us a call at 248-538-9600 or email us at email@example.com to set up an appointment to take a closer look.